- The Mortal Instruments : The Graphic Novel
- Fans of the popular urban fantasy series by Cassandra Clare have been waiting years for a graphic novel adaptation. The artist, Cassandra Jean, actually caught Clare’s attention by doing fan art of the series. Together, they bring the story of Clary Fray and the world of vampires, werewolves, and shadowhunters to life. Even though the books have already been made into a TV show and a movie,… Continue
- Evil Duke Rikard likes to turn people into frogs, and that’s not even his worst quality. When the Duke decides to take over the Kingdom, pushing aside the rightful heir, Princess Anya rallies to save the day. With a magical potion and a kiss, Anya is able to reverse the frog curse. This earns her the nickname Frogkisser. But it’s going to take more than a few kisses to overthrow the… Continue
- Vincent and Theo
- Most people know Vincent Van Gogh, but without his brother Theo, there might not have been a Starry Night. Theo was Vincent’s closest confidant, and this book delves into a relationship that included writing over 600 letters to each other. Theo, a gallery owner, was key in promoting Vincent’s talent. Although great fame eluded him during his life, the emotional and financial support… Continue
- Black Girl Magic
- This short but powerful poem is a great piece to ponder during National Poetry Month. Read it quietly while immersing yourself in the beautiful illustrations. Read it aloud to enjoy the full weight of its words. Then hear it as you watch the author, Mahogany L. Browne, in a video from PBS as she fights back against the unfair limitations society puts on young black girls.