- Wildlife agent Venus Diamond is recalled from her honeymoon to track down a missing infant in the wilds of Washington state. Venus must contend with local superstition and human evil—not to mention the growing impatience of her new husband—in trying to solve the case.
- Tuck Everlasting
- How do you make a child understand that immortality is as much curse as blessing? That is the predicament faced by the Tuck family, immortal for the past 80 years since they drank from a magical spring deep in the woods near ten-year-old Winnie Foster’s village. When Winnie stumbles upon Jesse Tuck, forever frozen at age 17 drinking from the spring, he stops her from slaking her thirst. The… Continue
- My Favorite Thing is Monsters
- This captivating story is a nostalgic depiction of Chicago in the late 1960’s and an imaginative narrative about 10-year-old amateur detective, part werewolf (as she sees it), Karen Reyes. Our protagonist faces demons, imagined and real, as she tries to solve the possible murder of her reclusive upstairs neighbor. If you have never picked up a graphic novel before, make this award-winning… Continue
- My Latest Grievance
- 14-year-old Frederica, raised on the grounds of Dewing College where her activist mom and dad are professors and dorm parents, and a pet to staff and students alike. Her insulated world is shaken when she learns a secret—not only was her father married before he met her mother, but Laura Lee, his first wife, is coming to Dewing to be housemother of a neighboring dorm. The tenuous… Continue