Learn. Explore. Connect.
The La Grange Public Library provides the community the inspiration and the means to learn, explore, and connect throughout their lives.
Our Vision for the Future
La Grange Public Library is a welcoming gateway to the community, providing inspirational and creative services that exceed expectations. As the cornerstone of La Grange, the Library actively participates in bringing the Village together. Our community understands and values how the library fits into their lifestyles and enriches their daily lives.
We take pride in the Library and the La Grange community. Our purpose is to cultivate a desire to return to the Library. The following values guide us:
We believe in open and honest communication.
We act with respect and compassion to make patrons and staff alike feel valued and appreciated.
We combine knowledge and expertise with flexibility and creativity when serving patrons.
We embrace innovation as essential to evolve with the needs of the community.
We look for eco-friendly solutions in our procedures and practices.
We approach our day with enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
We believe laughter goes a long way.
We love what we do, and we want everyone to know it.
Strategic Plan 2010-2014
The 2010-2014 Strategic Plan is built on five initiatives that will guide the library over the next five years and move us in the desired direction:
- Partner with the Community
- Work with other agencies and organizations in La Grange to maximize resources.
- Enhance Customer Service and Convenience
- Look for new and innovative ways to make the library’s services more friendly and accessible.
- Enrich Collections and Services
- Provide collections and services that are responsive to community needs and interests.
- Create Awareness
- Increase recognition of the library and its services throughout the community.
- Manage Resources
- Provide a strong financial base to achieve the library’s mission and strategic plan.
Read the full Strategic Plan. You may also be interested in some of the Results of the Community Survey.
If you need the Adobe Reader, it's free at the Adobe Web Site.