Architectural Request for Qualifications
The Board of Trustees of the La Grange Public Library is seeking an architectural firm for the design and remodel of our library lobby and circulation area.
The La Grange Public Library serves the Village of La Grange, a western suburb of Chicago with a population of 15,550 people. The Library currently occupies a building with a gross floor area of roughly 34,000 square feet. The current Library was constructed in 2007.
The Board of Trustees wishes to remodel our library lobby and circulation area of approximately 1,500 square feet.
If you are interested in being considered for this project, please provide the following information no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15, 2015.
- A description of your firm. Please stress work conducted in the last 10-15 years. If all services mentioned in (2) are not available in-house, specify from whom they will be obtained.
- Your firm’s experience in the following specialties: architectural design, civil engineering, structural engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, interior design, furnishings, estimating, etc.
- Your key staff and their resumes. Please be sure to indicate whom you are proposing as project architect and to provide a full resume for that person, including library design experience.
- Descriptions of at least five recently completed projects, including client references. Some references must be for jobs where the person you are proposing as project architect for our library was also project architect. For each project, please indicate the percentage of total architectural services your firm provided, the size of the project in square feet, the current status of the project, the name of the project architect, and whether the project came in under or over budget.
- Experience in the area of library design. The Library Board would like the most complete list possible, at least for the past 10-15 years, including the nature of work conducted for each library and dates of completion. Ideally, some of these projects will be covered in (4).
The Board of Trustees plans to interview approximately four architectural firms in July and August and will make a selection as soon as possible thereafter.
If you have questions or wish to visit our Library, please contact Jeannie Dilger, Library Director, at 708.215.3273 or via email at email@example.com.