- The Library is closed for construction Monday, December 3-Tuesday, December 18. Learn more.
Learn. Explore. Connect.
The La Grange Public Library provides community members the inspiration and the means to learn, explore, and connect throughout their lives.
Enriching every community member's life.
We take pride in the Library and the La Grange community. Our purpose is to cultivate a desire to return to the Library. The following values guide us:
We believe in open and honest communication.
We act with respect and compassion to make patrons and staff alike feel valued and appreciated.
We combine knowledge and expertise with flexibility and creativity when serving patrons.
We embrace innovation as essential to evolve with the needs of the community.
We look for eco-friendly solutions in our procedures and practices.
We approach our day with enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
We believe laughter goes a long way.
We love what we do, and we want everyone to know it.
The Library Board of Trustees adopted a 2017-2019 Strategic Plan on August 16, 2016. The plan focuses on four areas:
- SERVICES that meet evolving community needs
- ENGAGEMENT of our diverse community
- AWARENESS of library services and resources
- SPACE that is attractive and flexible