The Library will have a delayed opening Friday, August 12 at 1:00pm.
Public Services Associate
19 hours p/week
The La Grange Public Library is seeking a welcoming and customer service oriented Public Services Associate to assist Library customers. Located in the heart of downtown, the La Grange Public Library serves an active and engaged community, is fine free and focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. This position supports the Public Services department of the Library through:
- Assisting customers in-person, online and via phone
- Conducting reference interviews to identify and fulfill the information needs of customers
- Instructing and guiding customers in the use of Library resources, including resolving technology issues when accessing Library resources
- Assisting with departmental projects, programs and events
- Promoting awareness, interest and use of the Library's collection and services
Key qualifications include:
- One year of experience in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of Library services and programs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skill in operating a personal computer, PC applications and electronic resources
- Problem solving skills to assist in determining priorities and finding timely solutions to customer and workplace concerns
- Employees must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) for COVID-19 within 45 days of initial hire. Read the full policy.
The Library-provided benefits for this position include sick and parental leave, as well as a personal day and an Employee Assistance Program. The Library regularly offers opportunities to engage in continuing education and professional development. The hiring pay range is $15.35 to $19.17 DOQ. Responsibilities include regular evening and weekend shifts.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.