- We're open! What you need to know before your visit. Call 708-215-3207 for curbside holds pick up.
Free Stuff to do OnlineMarch 26, 2020
Resources to Support Distance Learning and Fun Activities
Check out our virtual storytimes and activity suggestions for kids.
Unlimited content for Kids at Kanopy Kids. Check out Artzooka and Science Max.
Hoopla is offering content that does not count toward your monthly limit.
Audible is offering many books for free.
Ideas to Encourage Reading, Creativity and Mindfulness at Home
- This “Stop the Summer Slide” tutorial from NoveList® has ideas for keeping students engaged.
- Encourage young readers, tweens and teens to keep a reading journal.
- Share this article from The Atlantic: “How Parents Can Keep Kids Busy (and Learning) in Quarantine”
- Get kids into art with Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems from The Kennedy Center.
- Even adults need art therapy. Download this free adult coloring book from Flipster.
TumbleBooks is offering free databases that are available to be added to your website.
www.TumbleBookLibrary.com 1 - K-6 children’s ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/auto_login.aspx?U=tumble735&P=books 1
www.TumbleMath.com 1 - K-6 math ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblemath.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
www.TeenBookCloud.com - gr 7-12 ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.teenbookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6 1
www.AudioBookCloud.com - all ages audio book database
Direct Link: https://www.audiobookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
www.RomanceBookCloud.com - a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!
Direct Link: https://www.romancebookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
- New! Rosetta Stone® Library Solution: Teacher Resources and Resources for English Language Learners
- Study Packets *
o Attack on Pearl Harbor
o Contemporary Nobel Prize Winners
o Favorite Children's Authors
o Influenza in History
o Let's Debate Topics in the News
o National Parks Infographics
o Native American History
o Science in the News
* Once you download the zip folder, you will need to "unzip" it before you can access the files. On Windows PCs, this is accomplished by right-clicking the zip folder and choosing "Extract All."
- Cricket Media Magazines with Teacher Guides from Flipster®:
- EBSCO eBooks™ eClassics, a collection of 25 free e-books of well-known young adult literary novels; learn how you can gain free access
- PrepSTEP® for High Schools customers: Did you know that you can integrate PrepSTEP content with your institution’s Learning Management System (LMS)? Contact your EBSCO Sales Representative and download one of our implementation guides to get started.
- Scavenger hunts to familiarize students and staff with the content and functionality of Explora and our school reference centers
- Lesson plans for integrating EBSCO resources with school curricula
- Google integration help guides:
- Abstracting and indexing databases to support educator research and professional development
College Admissions Test Prep Resources from EBSCO LearningExpress®
(free access through June 30, 2020)
- ACT® Flash Review
- ACT® Power Practice
- ACT® Word Games
- AP® Biology Flash Review
- AP® Calculus AB Study Guide
- AP® Chemistry Study Guide
- AP® Computer Science A Study Guide
- AP® English Literature and Composition Study Guide
- AP® European History Study Guide
- AP® Statistics Study Guide
- AP® U.S. Government Study Guide
- AP® U.S. History Flash Review
- SAT® Math Success in 20 Minutes a Day
GED® Test Preparation Resources from EBSCO LearningExpress
(free access through June 30, 2020)
- GED® Test Preparation
- GED® Test Flash Review
- GED® Test Prep Reasoning Through Language Arts Review
- GED® Math Flash Review
- GED® Science Flash Review
- GED® Social Studies Flash Review
- GED® Práctica Integral para la Prueba GED
- GED® Revisión de Razonamiento a Traves de las Artes del Lenguaje
- GED® Revisión de Razonamiento Matemático