- We're open! What you need to know before your visit. Call 708-215-3207 for curbside holds pick up.
Library Appointments Available Starting Monday, July 6!July 1, 2020
We are pleased to announce the introduction of in-house Library appointments for a limited capacity starting Monday, July 6! In light of our unique situation of offering communal spaces, equipment and resources that are repeatedly shared, borrowed and returned, we would like to thank you for your patience as we have worked through determining safety procedures and space changes to reopen the Library building safely. We hope you’ll make an appointment and come see us in person soon!
In order to assist in maintaining social distancing and additional safety protocol requirements, beginning July 6, you can visit the Library by reserving a one-hour appointment. Appointments may be made up to a week in advance online using our events reservation system or by calling us at 708-215-3220 during the hours below. One-hour appointments will be available during the following times (appointments begin on the hour):
- Monday-Friday: 10:00am-6:00pm (last appointment starts at 5:00pm)
- Saturday: 10:00am-5:00pm (last appointment starts at 4:00pm)
- Vulnerable populations: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-10:00am
Curbside holds pick up will also continue during these hours. Please call 708-215-3207 for curbside holds pick up. Your hold(s) will not be available for pick up until you receive an email notice stating your items have been processed and checked out to you.
- Computer (laptop) use
- Materials browsing
- Printing & copying
- Readers’ advisory
- Reference assistance
- Library card sign up/renewal
We are currently unable to offer:
- Meeting/study room reservations
- In-person programs
- Water fountains
- Lower level access (including the digital studio)
- Toys, iPads, computers and play space in Children’s Services
- Indoor returns
Each person planning to visit must make an individual reservation (i.e. parent and child). Exceptions will be made for infants in carriers or strollers. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian over the age of 16. While inside the building, face coverings are required. If you are unable to wear a face covering, please contact us at 708-215-3220 or email@example.com so we can arrange accommodations. Social distancing will be required and enforced whenever practicable. Heightened cleaning measures are also being maintained.
When you arrive at the Library for your appointment, return any previous items via our outdoor book drops and check in at the front doors with our greeter. They will verify your reservation, review safety protocols and answer any initial questions you may have.
Know before you go:
- Please drop all returns in the outdoor book drop before entering the Library as those materials must be quarantined before check in.
- Check out will be via our self-check out kiosks on the 2nd floor and in the lobby.
- All payments must be via credit card as we are not handling cash at this time.
Contact us at 708-215-3220, firstname.lastname@example.org or via the live chat on our website.