- We're open! What you need to know before your visit.
- Visit the front desk for holds pick up, or call 708-215-3200 & request curbside pick up. Please have your library card or card number for holds pick up.
We're Open: What You Need to KnowOctober 1, 2020
Welcome back: You don't need an appointment to visit!
The Library is open for materials browsing, contactless self-checkout, printing/copying, account assistance and more. Please have your library card or library card number available when checking out. You can also download the SWAN Libraries App for iOS or Android devices which will store your library card number and bar code.
Using the Library Safely
To keep our community safe, we are following Illinois’ Phase Four guidelines by limiting occupancy and observing strict social distancing. Face masks that cover your nose and mouth are required, and if you don’t feel well, please stay home! Hand sanitizer is also available throughout the building.
When you arrive in the lobby, you’ll be greeted by a friendly staff member who will review our safety protocols and assist with any initial questions.
Please keep your visit short. Occupancy of the building is limited, so please come in, choose your materials and take them home to enjoy! Visits are limited to a 2 hour maximum. Browse our Marketplace full of new and popular materials, use our checkout kiosks to quickly and easily check out your selections, or use the 15-minute express station to access the internet, print, copy or scan. Computers are available on our second floor (Adult & Teen Services).
Vulnerable Populations Hours
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9:00-10:00am
Help Keep Everyone Healthy
- Wash your hands regularly! Restrooms and hand sanitizer are available. Water fountains are currently not available.
- Ensure your face covering is over your nose and mouth throughout your Library visit.
- Food & drinks are not allowed at this time
- Keep your visit as brief as possible (visits are limited to a 2 hour maximum)
- Return your items in the exterior book drops or in the Library's front vestibule (during open hours).
- Be aware and maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Keep your children with you at all times. If you need help locating materials, just ask.
- Library staff are not handling cash; any payments must be made with a credit/debit card
What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- We are regularly cleaning repeatedly touched surfaces, including the self-checks, door handles, elevator buttons, stair rails, computers and service desks.
- Playspace toys and iPads in Children’s Services are unavailable at this time.
- Much of the Library’s seating has been removed and remaining furniture has been distanced.
- We are quarantining all returns for seven days.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
SERVICE INFORMATION FAQ
Public Access Computers
Computers are available on our 2nd floor (Adult & Teen Services). We’ve also added an express computer in our lobby along with a printer/copier/scanner for convenient 15-minute or less sessions.
Holds Pick Up
Curbside holds pick up is still available during the same hours! Simply place your hold via phone or our online catalog, and we’ll let you know when it’s ready. When you arrive to pick up your holds, call 708-215-3200 and request curbside holds pick up, or visit our front desk. Your holds are not being checked out to your account in advance of your visit. Please have your library card or library card number available when checking out. You can also download the SWAN Libraries App for iOS or Android devices which will store your library card number and bar code.
*Your hold(s) will not be available for pick up until you receive an email, text message or phone call stating your holds are ready.
You can send print jobs from your home or device to the Library and release them when you arrive! Please visit the Library to release your print jobs within 24 hours of sending. Use Print from Anywhere.
Please return materials to our exterior book drops, open 24/7.
Now that other libraries in our SWAN consortium are reopening, we are able to fill these requests. Please be patient as we work through the backlog.
Online Classes & Programs
Many of your favorite programs and classes are happening on Zoom. Check out our Events calendar to see what’s coming up!
Reference and reader's advisory service for all ages is available at our Children’s, Adult and Teen Services desks. Account assistance is available at our front desk in the lobby. When you arrive, check in with our greeter and let them know if you have any questions so they can guide you to the answers.
Your Virtual Library
We offer a number of online services for e-books, audiobooks, streaming movies, TV and more. Check out our E-Library page to see what we’ve got to offer.
Friends of the Library Book Sale & Donations
The Friends are not accepting donations at this time and book sale items are currently unavailable as we work towards a cashless solution for book sale purchases.
Library Cards and Account Assistance
The lobby is open and our friendly staff are ready to help. You can also register online for a library card to access our Virtual Library services. Learn more or register.