New Job Hunting ResourceJune 1, 2021
We have a new addition to JobNow – Live Unemployment Benefits Assistance. Live unemployment benefits coaches are available to help workers determine unemployment eligibility benefits using state and federal guidelines. Filling out the application and finding the right unemployment resources can be overwhelming. During this unprecedented time, it is our goal to help workers receive the benefits they are entitled to. This new feature is located on the homepage under the Career column. From there, you’re able to access both the live coaches as well as resources.
The Library now offers Brainfuse JobNow–a versatile online service designed to support every step of the job search process. JobNow features live online coaches who, among other things, assist in resume/cover letter preparation and help.
Let’s face it, job searching is hard and can be frustrating. But you don’t have to do it alone. Use you library card to connect with a FREE online job coach for personalized expert assistance. From learning where to look for jobs to filling out online applications, Brainfuse job coaches can help.
JobNow's features include:
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Unemployment Benefits Assistance Connect with a LIVE expert for unemployment benefits assistance.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Foreign Language Lab/Spanish-Speaking Support
More Career Tools available with your library card:
- Business Source Premier - Full-text articles to support research in accounting, finance, economics, marketing, management, and operations management. Includes access to video from the Associated Press (AP).
- LinkedIn Learning - Learn new business skills with online video tutorials, covering topics like job search strategies, salary negotiation, and resume writing. You can also watch tutorials to learn popular software and new skills.
- ReferenceUSA - Browse a directory of over 25 million US and Canadian businesses to research companies and view job listings.