Children's Services Associate
- The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned to Read
- Imagine learning to read at age 116! Born into slavery in 1848, Mary Walker's long life spanned from the Civil War to the Civil Rights Movement. However, she was always too busy raising her family, working, cooking, cleaning, babysitting and selling sandwiches to raise money for her church to learn to read. This beautiful picture book biography demonstrates that with perseverance and dedication,… Continue
- Mia Mayhem is a Superhero!
- Meet Mia, an ordinary eight-year-old who finds out she has an extraordinary super-secret, she’s A SUPERHERO! All her life, Mia thought she was a super klutz. It turns out, most of her accidents are really the results of her superpowers, and now, she can perfect them in her afterschool Program for In-Training Superheroes, a.k.a. THE PITS. With graphic illustrations on almost every page, this… Continue
- Bedtime for Sweet Creatures
- This sweet, beautifully illustrated story imagines the ordinary routine of bedtime as an animal-filled journey. When the red-pajama clad child isn't sleepy, they delay bedtime by growling like a bear, questioning like an owl and hunting for water like a sly wolf. From tigers, to squirrels, to snakes, the little child dodges around bedtime until they are finally tired enough to sleep, curling up… Continue