- We're open! What you need to know before your visit.
- Visit the front desk for holds pick up, or call 708-215-3200 & request curbside pick up. Please have your library card or card number for holds pick up.
- To Night Owl from Dogfish
- 12-years-olds, Avery and Bett, couldn't be more different. But when their dads fall in love and want the girls to find common ground, they are sent to the same summer camp. The girls make a vow not to speak to each other because there is no way they are going to become friends. However, things don't work out as planned. Told through email exchanges, this delightful story is lighthearted and… Continue
- Stef Soto, Taco Queen
- All seventh grader Stef Soto wants is to get away from her Tia Perla, her family’s taco truck. Born to overprotective immigrant parents, Stef wants a little more freedom, like the ability to walk a few blocks to meet her dad after school so she won’t get teased for being picked up in a rundown taco truck. However, when her family’s livelihood is in danger because of new laws… Continue
- New Kid
- 7th grader Jordan loves to write comics about his life and dreams of going to art school. When his parents send him to a private academic school instead, he finds that he is one of the only kids of color in his grade and struggles to find his place. Published in 2019, New Kid was the winner of the Newbery Medal, Coretta Scott King Author Award and Kirkus Prize for Young Readers' Literature. This… Continue
- A Good Kind of Trouble
- Seventh-grader Shayla doesn’t like getting into trouble—it makes her palms itch and it definitely makes her parents mad. But when the new school year springs some changes on her, like having the elementary school bully, Bernard, as her lab partner, joining the track team, and following her sister’s footsteps by getting involved with Black Lives Matter, Shayla starts getting into… Continue
- The Miscalculations of Lighning Girl
- After being struck by lightning when she was 8, Lucy’s life hasn’t been the same. From the moment lightning struck, Lucy became amazing at math. After being homeschooled for four years, she’s ready to go to college, not middle school. However, her grandmother makes her promise to try one year in school with other kids her own age and before she joins the other geniuses at… Continue
- Alex is on his way to destroy his nightbooks, his notebooks filled with original scary stories, when he is trapped by the witch, Natacha. Natacha loves his scary stories and listens to one each night, which is the only thing keeping Alex alive. With his nightbooks running out of stories and writer’s block preventing him from creating more, Alex will have to figure out how to escape from her… Continue
- The Parker Inheritance
- Candace is spending the summer in Lambert, South Carolina in her grandmother’s old home with her mother. Her father has stayed in Atlanta because her parents are divorcing and he needs to fix up the house for sale. She finds a letter in the attic that details a mysterious fortune and shares the content with her new friend Brandon. The plot shifts between present and flashback sections that… Continue