Closed Friday, October 18 for staff training. We will reopen on Saturday, October 19.
- Superhero Harry: The Wild Field Trip
- Second-grader Harry loves science and superheroes, and he is always working on inventions that will give him superpowers. Unfortunately, they don’t always work out the way he plans. When Harry and his class head to the zoo, it should be a fun day, but Harry accidentally sets a monkey loose. Can his super swinging wristbands help Harry and his best friend Macy save the day? This early reader… Continue
- New Kid
- Middle school is all about trying to fit in, and being the new kid at a prestigious private school when you would rather be going to the art school of your dreams is a challenge. Jordan's new school also doesn’t have many people who look like him or live where he lives, and the teachers confuse him with other kids of color. Follow Jordan's journey as he makes friends, continues to make art… Continue
- Colors evoke emotion. In this endearing story of a boy and his dog, we see just why colors are so meaningful, particularly the color blue. Baby blue, ocean blue and midnight blue are just some of the colors that Seeger links to the boy and his dog as they go through life together. Prepare for a few tears tempered with joy in this story of an enduring friendship. Recommended for reading aloud with… Continue
- Ada Twist and the Perilous Pants
- When Rosie Revere's Uncle Ned gets a little carried away wearing his famous helium pants, it's up to Ada and friends to chase him down. As Uncle Ned floats farther and farther away, Ada starts asking lots of questions, like how high can a balloon float? Is it possible for Uncle Ned to float into outer space? What's the best plan for getting him down? The story combines humor, science and fun… Continue
- Dragons in a Bag
- Nine-year-old Jaxon is sent to spend the day with cranky old Ma, but the day is anything but ordinary. Ma must deliver baby dragons from her apartment in Brooklyn to a magical world where they'll be safe. When the transporter malfunctions, Jax and Ma mistakenly end up in the Mesozoic era. A dinosaur threatens them, and Ma pushes Jax and the dragons into the transporter, but she is left behind.… Continue
- Just Like Rube Goldberg
- Rube started out quiet and shy, but he grew up with a passion for drawing and ended up being one of the most famous cartoonists ever! After earning an engineering degree (to please his father) he decided to pursue his dream of being a cartoonist for a big-time newspaper instead. One of Rube’s most famous characters, Professor Lucifer Gorgonzola Butts, became popular because of the fanciful… Continue
- The Bridge Home
- Viji and her sister Rukku runaway from home, and Viji must take responsibility for her sister Rukku who has a developmental disability. They make their new home on an abandoned bridge, and along with their new friends Muthi and Arul, spend their days digging through trash to find items the garbage collector will pay them for. After a bad rainfall, Muthi and Rukku fall very ill, and Viji and Arul… Continue
- The Astronaut Who Painted the Moon
- Alan Bean was one of the astronauts on board the Apollo 12 mission, and the fourth person in history to set foot on the moon. He wanted everyone to feel the magic and mystery of outer space, so when he returned to Earth, he began to paint what he saw. The words in this book explain the beauty he saw, but the paintings are what really capture the experience. Recommended for ages 4-6.
- How to Survive a Totally Boring Summer
- Randall moved to a new town and is worried his summer won’t be as fun, but he and his friend decide to start a chess club. They find a meeting place, recruit members, set the meeting time and the Checkmate Squad is born! But they are met with a grumpy man who takes over the chess tables and the school bully who causes problems. How will they deal with these unexpected issues? Read this… Continue
- The Missing Baseball
- Mike Lupica brings his sports knowledge and great writing to early chapter book readers. This is book one in the Zach and Zoe Mysteries series about a brother and sister duo who love sports. In this story, Zach and Zoe follow clues to find Zach's missing baseball, signed by his favorite major league player. If your beginning chapter book reader loves sports and is ready to delve into a good… Continue
- Meet Yasmin!
- Yasmin, a spirited second-grader, boldly uses her imagination and ingenuity to have adventures and solve life’s little problems. In this four-part early chapter book series, Yasmin’s curiosity leads her to new discoveries, trials and mishaps. Readers will cheer on Yasmin's creativity and determination as she becomes an explorer who creates her own neighborhood map, or as she finds the… Continue