- The Watcher
- The Watcher is a beautifully illustrated picture book about the courageous and smart woman, Jane Goodall. From an early age, Jane was a patient person. This quality proved to her benefit as an adult when she spent many hours observing chimpanzees from afar. After gaining their trust, she was able to study them up close and even helped prevent chimpanzees from going extinct. Recommended for ages… Continue
- This is My Fort!
- Monkey and Cake love building forts! When Cake decides to build his own fort, Monkey feels left out, so Monkey builds his own fort that's even bigger than Cake's fort. But before long, they both discover that being alone in a fort is no fun! This is the third book in the early readers series, Monkey & Cake. The books work well for early readers with repetitive dialog, large font and great… Continue
- The Shortest Day
- The Winter Solstice marks the day with the shortest amount of daylight in the northern hemisphere each year. It also is a day that has been celebrated for eons because it means that the cold, dark days will give way to longer, warmer days as we move toward spring. The Shortest Day is a beautifully illustrated book with simple text that honors the Winter Solstice as a holiday in its own right and… Continue
- Olive, a fifth-grader, has a friend to sit with on the bus, talk to on the phone and eat lunch with. But one day, she begins to wonder if she really has any true friends. When her teacher announces the annual variety show, she finds herself without anyone to perform with, and suddenly, feels like she doesn't click with anyone. She mopes around the house feeling bad about herself until her "cool… Continue
- The Boxcar Children
- Siblings Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny are orphans. They're sure the only way they can stay together is to avoid their mean, old grandfather and make it on their own. When the children find an abandoned boxcar in the woods, they decide to call it home. However, after Violet becomes ill, they come to know their grandfather, and he isn’t at all like they thought him to be. He embraces the… Continue
- Wicked Nix
- Wicked Nix, the foulest of fairies, has been left behind in the forest while the other fairies are in Summer Country. There is a strange bald man referred to as “man people” who takes up residence in a cottage in the forest. People are not allowed to live in the forest, so Nix tries to get the old man to leave so the queen fairy is not angry when she returns. In a strange twist of… Continue
- For five years, Bob, the creature Livi made friends with during her last visit to her grandmother’s in Australia, has been waiting for her, living quietly in the closet of Livi's mom's childhood bedroom. What kind of creature is Bob? Neither Bob or Livi can figure it out. He doesn't eat or sleep much, and it seems adults can't see him. Other children believe him to be an odd-looking… Continue
- Who is the Mystery Reader?
- Fans of the Elephant and Piggie series will love Mo Willems’ newest beginning reader series, Unlimited Squirrels. In the second book in the series, Who is the Mystery Reader?, the crew of squirrels returns for superhero-themed adventures. A red-mask-and-underwear-clad Mystery Reader appears at opportune moments to sound out words and help his friends gain confidence in their decoding… Continue
- As Brave As You
- As Brave as You is full of questions. Brothers Ernie and Genie travel to Virginia from Brooklyn to spend a month with their grandparents. 11-year-old Ernie has a lot of questions like, how does a house catch a tree? How do you catch topsy-turvy? How many stars are there in the sky? Over the month (with no internet!) the boys get to know their grandparents and rural southern living a whole lot… Continue