- The Library is closed for construction Monday, December 3-Tuesday, December 18. Learn more.
- The City of Ember
- Just over 200 years before the start of the book, The Builders write instructions for the citizens of Ember about how to escape their world. Friends Lina and Doon know that the increasingly common blackouts and supply shortages mean that they urgently need to find a way to save their city where all light comes from light bulbs and messages are carried across town by people. Lina stumbles across… Continue
- Not So Different
- Shane Burcaw was born with spinal muscular atrophy, which makes his muscles very weak. But Shane Burcaw is not defined by his disease as he so successfully demonstrates in this book. Humor, insight and a strength that belies his physical condition answer many questions people have who meet him for the first time. Shane’s superb writing, along with excellent photographs, will change the way… Continue
- Teenager Priyanka has many questions about her family but her mom refuses to answer. Pri especially wants to know why her mother left her home in India—and Pri’s father—before she was born. The subject seems permanently closed until Pri finds a mysterious pashmina tucked away in an old suitcase. When she puts it on, she is transported to the colorful India of her imagination,… Continue
- 100 scientists who made history
- Masters of innovation have revolutionized our society! Through their life stories, children will learn about 100 trailblazing thinkers and how they based their research on observation, logic and reason. Learn about the history of scientific progress and put human faces to things we take for granted in everyday life. Aspiring scientists will love this book! Recommended for grades 3 and up.
- Counting Thyme
- 11-year-old Thyme moves all the way from California to New York City with her mom, dad, older sister and younger brother. Trying to survive the change, Thyme tells herself it is only temporary. The doctors just need to make her brother well again and then they can all go home, to her real home in California. However, over the minutes, days and weeks Thyme has been counting up, she comes to the… Continue