- We're open! What you need to know before your visit. Call 708-215-3207 for curbside holds pick up.
Adult Services Librarian
(708) 215-3200 , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lean, mean, and packed full of psychological dread. In true Gothic fashion, Perry pens a symphony of prose and perturbation as we follow Helen Franklin, an Englishwoman working in Prague under self-imposed exile. When Karel, a colleague of Helen's, goes missing after researching the folk legend of Melmoth the Witness, she finds herself despairing over his abandoned documents to discover the truth… Continue
- The Works of Dostoevsky
- Explore the ethical quandaries of an ex-student in Crime and Punishment, preview the seminal work, The Brothers Karamazov by reading the famous monologue, "The Grand Inquisitor," enjoy the company of a contemptible misanthrope in Notes from the Underground, or shift gears into the humorous with Uncle's Dream. Dostoevsky remains a profound voice that sagely speaks to the enduring nature of man,… Continue
- Winner of the Man Booker prize in 2018, Milkman is a tale of gossip and hearsay, silence and deliberate deafness. It is the story of inaction with enormous consequences. The stream of consciousness style of writing marries together the confusion and paranoia of Troubles era Northern Ireland, and Burns manages to string together a disturbing yet intimate representation of the impact and… Continue