Friends of the Library
You may join our Friends group at any time. Envelopes for this purpose are available at the Library's Patron Services desk on the first floor. The annual membership drive takes place in January, with a special brochure enclosed in the January Book Report that is mailed to all residents of La Grange.
FOL volunteers and board members, Megan Griffin and Rose Naseef.
by Nicole Zimmermann
- Promote the La Grange Public Library by informing the public about materials and resources available at the Library
- Encourage public interest and use of the Library
- Assist in purchasing library materials, equipment and programs
Funds are earned through membership dues, donations, fundraisers, and the Used Book Sale.
Friends Make a Difference
The Friends of the Library have recently funded the following projects and materials:
- Book Club Corner program
- Hometown Holiday entertainment
- Digital Services Equipment
- Raspberry Pis
- New video game collection for circulation
- Youth Storytime materials such as flannel boards and puppets
- Book Club in a Bag program
- Big Read programs
- Annual Summer Reading Kick-Off event in June
- New art display system for the lower level gallery and Youth Services
You'll receive a receipt that you can print out.
If you prefer to pay by check, print and fill out the membership form, make your check payable to Friends of the Library of La Grange, and mail to:
La Grange Public Library
10 W. Cossitt Avenue
La Grange, IL 60525
Membership dues and contributions are tax deductible to the maximum extent allowable by law.
Thank you for supporting the La Grange Friends of the Library!
Support the Friends
Now you can support the Friends every time you make an Amazon purchase, through AmazonSmile.
The Friends of the Library meet quarterly, but dates vary, so call to confirm with Friends Liaison Arcadia McCauley: 708.215.3277. The next meeting is Tuesday, July 24 at 10:00am.