- We're Open: What You Need to Know
Your library card gives you access to books, magazines, music, movies and more. In addition to over 100,000 items here at the La Grange Public Library, you also have access to over 8 million items at nearby libraries.
As a cardholder, you will receive our biweekly e-newsletter featuring library programs, materials and updates.
Check out Periods
In-House Equipment - 3 hours
Lucky Day - 7 days
New DVDs -7 days
All Other Items - 3 weeks
- Renewals: Our catalog system will automatically renew items that are not on hold
for another patron (except for Lucky Day material). All items will be automatically renewed for up to two additional check out periods. Make sure we have your email to let you know which items did and did not renew! Manual renewals may be made in person, by phone or through the online catalog.
- Holds: Holds on library materials may be made online or in person for items not on the shelf or not owned by our library. The item may come from a library in the area. Items borrowed from nearby libraries may be returned here. To access your account, click on “Account” at lagrangelibrary.org.
- No late fees: Your library card is suspended after four or more items are overdue. So bring them back, but pay no fines.
- Lost library card: Report the loss of a card as soon as possible. You are responsible for anything checked out on your card until it is reported lost.
Here are some of the terrific services the Library offers:
Online Resources: Stream movies, music, magazines, books and audiobooks.
Take an online class, learn a language, make a craft. More Info.
Circulating Equipment: Cardholders have access to wide variety of circulating equipment.
• GoPro cameras
• Wifi hotspots
• Rokus with Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN
• iPads with Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN
• big screen projector and screen
• VHS-to-DVD converter
• Nintendo Switch
• Record Player and albums
• eREaders with hundreds of books preloaded
Digital Studio: Card-holders have access to our digital media lab equipment and software for design, editing and recording.
- Create a podcast
- Shoot a green screen video.
- Convert VHS-to DVD
- Use our batch photo scanner
- Take a roller-coaster in virtual reality.
Friends of the Library: The Friends support library services through membership dues, donations, fundraisers and the ongoing used book sale in the lobby. The Friends have recently funded the following projects:
• Virtual reality equipment
• Book Club Corner
• Hometown Holiday performer
• Digital ebooks & more
Friends membership is annual and only $20 for an individual. You can also volunteer with the Friends. More Info.
Check out our upcoming events.
Sign up for the New Arrivals Bulletin.
Download the library app.
More Info on meeting rooms and study rooms.
Ready to start enjoying the Library? Start Here.