Closed Sunday, May 29 & Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day.
Explore More Illinois
Explore More Illinois is a cultural pass program that provides discounts and other offerings from museums, historical societies, performing and visual arts centers, and other attractions across the state of Illinois. The program is free for adults 18 years and older who have a library card from a participating library. Offerings differ by attraction and include free or reduced admission, free parking, discounts at attraction shops and more.
Explore More Illinois is available 24/7 from any computer, tablet or smartphone. Visit the Explore More Illinois login page and type in your library card number and pin to see offers at attractions around the state.
Participating Attractions (as of April 29, 2022)
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum / Springfield
- American Writers Museum / Chicago
- Anderson Japanese Gardens / Rockford
- Annoyance Theatre / Chicago
- Buffalo Grove Park District Community Arts Center / Buffalo Grove
- Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House / Moline
- Chicago Children's Museum / Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum / Chicago
- City Lit Theater / Chicago
- Civil War Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Dinosaur Discovery Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Discovery Center Museum / Rockford
- Edwards Place / Springfield
- Ellwood House Museum / DeKalb
- Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park / Oak Park
- Exploration Station...a children's museum Bourbonnais Park District / Bourbonnais
- Fox River Grove Memorial Public Library / Fox River Grove
- Galesburg Parks & Recreation Lakeside Recreation Facility / Galesburg
- Gateway Grizzlies / Sauget
- Harris Theater / Chicago
- Hegeler Carus Mansion / LaSalle
- Illinois Holocaust Museum / Skokie
- Joliet Slammers / Joliet
- Kankakee County Museum / Kankakee
- Kenosha Public Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Kidzeum of Health and Science / Springfield
- Lansing Historical Society Museum / Lansing
- Lincoln Heritage Museum / Lincoln
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art / Oak Brook
- Love's Sweet Arrow / Tinley Park
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art / Evanston
- Metropolis Performing Arts Center / Arlington Heights
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College / Chicago
- Museum of the Grand Prairie / Mahomet
- North Suburban Library District / Loves Park and Roscoe
- Peoria Riverfront Museum / Peoria
- Raupp Museum / Buffalo Grove
- Springfield Art Association / Springfield
- Vermilion County Museum / Danville
- Volcano Falls / Loves Park
- Wheels O' Time Museum / Dunlap
This list was last updated on April 28, 2022. The list of participating and attractions and their offers are subject to change. Not all attractions will be available to all libraries. Please log into Explore More Illinois to see the most current offerings.
New attractions are added on a regular basis so be sure to check back frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a cultural pass program that allows Illinois public library cardholders access discounts at museums, park districts, historical societies, zoos, arts centers, recreational facilities, and other attractions.
How do I access Explore More Illinois?
Go to the Explore More Illinois webpage and choose La Grange Public Library from the drop down menu. Enter your library barcode and PIN.
How can I search for offers?
Once you are logged in, you will see offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location. Information about each attraction and the offer is available before making the reservation.
How can I make a reservation?
Reservations must be made for a specific date. Using the calendar, you can choose what date you want to make the reservation for and then choose the Reserve option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear, and a confirmation email will be sent to the patron. You have the option of printing out a pass at that time, or they can choose to print it out later.
Can I cancel a reservation?
You can cancel a reservation before you print or download a pass.
I cannot log into Explore More Illinois. What should I do?
Please call or visit the Library. You may have an issue with your account, such as an expired card or overdue items.
How many reservations can a patron have at one time?
You can have two active reservations at one time. Once one of the reservation dates has past, you can make another reservation.
Can children make reservations?
Adults 18 and over can make reservations in Explore More Illinois. Photo ID must be shown on at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
Can patrons make a reservation for the same attraction more than once?
Attractions can limit how many times a patron can make a reservation. If you are out of reservations, they will not see the offer when you log into Explore More Illinois.
Will patrons get a reminder about their reservation?
Yes, you will get a reminder email three days before your reservation.
What do you need to bring to the attraction on the day of the reservation?
You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy, and that will be indicated when you make the reservation.