- We're open! What you need to know before your visit. Call 708-215-3207 for curbside holds pick up.
Museum Passes & More
La Grange Library card holders receive free admission to many exciting museums and cultural institutions throughout the Chicagoland area.
While many institutions are closed due to Covid-19, check out these
Museum Adventure Pass
Visit the Library to pick up a one-week pass for the museum of your choice. These museums are available on a first-come, first-served basis:
- Air Classic Museum of Air and Space
- Bronzeville Children's Museum
- Brookfield Zoo
- Cantigny Park
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Children's Museum of Oak Lawn
- Elgin History Museum
- Elgin Public Museum
- Illinois Railway Museum
- Lake County Discovery Museum
- LEGOLand Discovery Center
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Naper Settlement
- Oriental Institute
- Pleasant Home Foundation
- St. Charles Heritage Museum
For check-out guidelines, visit the Museum Adventure Pass website or visit the Patron Services desk the next time you're in the Library.
Explore More Illinois - (Temporarily Suspended)
Explore More Illinois is a cultural pass program that provides discounts and other offerings from museums, historical societies, performing and visual arts centers, and other attractions across the state of Illinois. The program is free for adults 18 years and older who have a library card from a participating library. Offerings differ by attraction and include free or reduced admission, free parking, discounts at attraction shops and more.
Explore More Illinois is available 24/7 from any computer, tablet or smartphone. Visit the Explore More Illinois login page and type in your library card number and pin to see offers at attractions around the state.
Current attractions include:
- 1950s Park Forest House Museum
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- Aikman Wildlife Adventure
- American Toby Jug Museum
- Blocks to Bricks
- Central Illinois Connection Center
- Chicago Maritime Museum
- City Lit Theater
- Discovery Center Museum
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- Edwards Place
- Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum
- Illinois Holocaust Museum
- Kankakee County Museum
- Kidzeum of Health and Science
- Love's Sweet Arrow
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College Chicago
- Springfield Art Association
- Vermilion County Museum
- The Viking Ship
New attractions are added on a regular basis so be sure to check back frequently.