Resources for Teachers, Caregivers and Community Partners
As part of our mission to provide the community with the inspiration and the means to learn, explore and connect throughout their lives, the La Grange Public Library provides special services to support the educational efforts of our youngest members.
We look forward to hearing how we can partner with you. We welcome all suggestions!
- Educator's Guide
- Tours, Library Visits and Special Programs
- Teacher Loan Card Brochure
- Classroom Collection Request form
- Teacher Assignment Alert form
- What should I read next?
- Museum Passes
- Get a Library Card
- La Grange Public Library Digital Media Guide
- Apps La Grange Kids Love to Play and Recently Added iPad Apps
Our Special Needs Collection:
These carefully selected materials support the various learning styles, social and emotional development and sensory integration issues of children. The goal of this collection is to supplement resources for professionals, provide children with new material for learning and be a useful teaching guide for parents to use at home. This is an ever-growing collection and we are always looking for suggestions from our Special Needs community.
Materials in the collection include:
- Sensory backpacks: collection of materials to help students with sensory needs lessen anxiety, improve focus and develop social skills
- Hands-on games and flashcards
- Learning materials with teacher's guides
- Informative books for parents and teachers working with children who have unique learning needs.
Our programs are open to children of all abilities. To request accommodations, please call the Children's Services desk, or email Patti Eaton, Children's Services Assistant Manager, at email@example.com.
2019 Community Partners
Helping Hand Center
La Grange Business Association
Park District of La Grange
Right at School
Outreach Request? Contact Laura Goldsborough, Children's Services Librarian or Rachael Dabkey, Children's Services Manager