To protect the health of our community and staff, the Library is CLOSED until further notice. Due dates have been extended. More information.
Library Visits/Librarian Visits
Students on a library tour with Children's Services Librarian Laura Goldsborough
A trip to the library or a visit from a librarian can be customized to meet the needs of your students, and could include the following:
- Storytime for younger students with stories, songs and finger plays
- Booktalk for older students
- Library tours
- "How-to-use-the-library" instruction
- Training for teachers or students on using the online catalog and research databases provided by the library
- Help running a "Battle of the Books" tournament or one-day Reading Fair at your school
- Displays and answering questions at schools functions (Open House, Book Fair, etc.)
- Sharing information with teachers, caregivers or school groups about new books, early literacy or library services
Teacher Loan Cards
Thanks to an agreement between the library and local school districts, we now offer a Teacher Loan Card to teachers working in District 102 and District 105. A Teacher Loan Card will allow you to check out materials that can be used to directly benefit your students and classrooms.
La Grange Public Library serves: Cossitt School, Congress Park School, Seventh Avenue School, Spring Avenue School and Gurrie Middle School. Teachers at Park Jr. High can choose to get a Teacher Loan Card at either the La Grange Public Library or the La Grange Park Public Library.
Material Selection for Classroom Use
The Children's Services staff can assist with selecting and reserving materials for your classroom. Materials will be checked out to your teacher account for three weeks, placed in a convenient bag, and can either be picked up at the library or delivered to your school.
We are happy to provide support for class research projects, reading assignments and other homework assignments. Materials can be pulled for use at the La Grange Public Library or for check-out.
We can also create pathfinders, an annotated list of resources with descriptions and instructions, to help guide students' searches in print, in our online database adn on the internet.