To protect the health of our community and staff, the Library is CLOSED until further notice. Due dates have been extended. More information.
Visits, Library Tours and Special Programs
Explore your library with a trip to Children’s Services, or bring Children’s Services to your elementary and middle school, preschool, scout group, youth club or community organization.
Library Visits/Librarian Visits
"Book Shopping" with Rachael Dabkey, Children's Services Manager
A trip to the library or a visit from a librarian can be customized to meet the needs of your students, and could include the following:
- Storytime for younger students with stories, songs and finger plays
- Booktalk for older students
- Library tours
- "How-to-use-the-library" instruction
- Training for teachers or students on using the online catalog and research databases provided by the library
- Help running a "Battle of the Books" tournament or one-day Reading Fair at your school
- Displays and answering questions at schools functions (Open House, Book Fair, etc.)
- Sharing information with teachers, caregivers or school groups about new books, early literacy or library services
Children’s Services is proud to support our community in a variety of unique ways. If you have ideas or suggestions for ways in which we could partner with your organization, please contact us at 708-215-3210.
La Grange Farmer's Market
In the summertime, look for us at the La Grange Farmer’s Market for on select Thursdays. Pack a snack or purchase one at the market, bring a blanket and enjoy listening to our favorite books. We might even bring our giant parachute!
Mobile Book Bins
Thanks to a generous gift from the Friends of the Library, Mobile Book Bins that deliver 10-15 children’s books are placed in select community establishments. Look for them around town!
2019 Community Partners
Helping Hand Center
La Grange Business Association
Park District of La Grange
Right at School